Celsius Marketing is looking for someone experienced and skilled at building websites, web-enabled apps, has a knack for communicating with clients, and also a bit of a strategist. Must have great attention to detail and manage your inbox well.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU’RE A GOOD FIT FOR THIS POSITION?
- You may call yourself a coder, designer, UI/UX designer/developer, but whatever it is, you love making beautifully designed sites and apps that serve users in the most intelligent, intuitive, and efficient way possible
- You consider a user interface a piece of art
- You consider it play to code up fancy user experiences and post it on GitHub
- You have spent 40+ hours trying to get a combo box control to look and feel just right
- You have coded your own widget because you just couldn’t stand the way an off-the-shelf widget worked with your app
- Your Pinterest account is full of web/app screenshots that you find attractive
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You will be accountable for technical vision and operational decisions related to front-end functional development and related mobile experience
- You will be responsible for related technical design and development
- You will be responsible for staying current with relevant and emerging technologies for web and mobile
- Manage web projects and provide daily operational support
- Work closely with Deployment to ensure successful deployment of all projects
- Research, evaluate, and recommend technology and process solutions based on existing business requirements and future directions
- Work with UI teams to help develop business and functional requirements, wireframes, and storyboards.
Web strategy development: You will work our strategy/sales team to help define valuable solutions for our clients. You will use your knowledge and experience in building sites to help define scope and budget for features that require custom development or integration.
Interface/user-experience design: You will help conceive and develop creative solutions and user experiences for our clients and work with our graphics and programming teams to ensure that project expectations are met.
Project coordination and client communication: You will communicate with team members on a daily basis to ensure tasks are being completed correctly and meeting our own high standards. You will communicate with clients, keeping them aware of progress, responding to requests, and continually refining scope.
You must have great attention to detail, be self-motivated and well organized, and demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Excellent communication skills and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Organized, detail-oriented, efficient, and accurate
- Self-directed and able to work with limited supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Friendly and courteous customer service skills
- Flexible, dependable, and willing to assist as needed
- You will be expected to work hard and produce intelligent, well-thought-out work
- You will need to love learning new things and love your job
- Experience creating WordPress themes and plugins
- Knowledge of WordPress best practices, tools, popular plugins, administration
- Able to write cross-browser code (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome)
Education: BS+ degree in related field or equivalent experience*
*We certainly appreciate the education provided by a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Human Interface Design, Information Systems, or whatever else they’re calling it these days. We’ve got plenty of those on staff. But we’ve also met plenty, even PhDs, that couldn’t code their way out of a box! If you’ve got massive amounts of talent, then we encourage you to apply, regardless of whether you have a degree or not!
Experience: 2+ years building websites, web apps, mobile apps, UI functional analysis, or relevant experience.
- Must have strong passion for web and emerging technologies
- Must possess strong technical, business and design sense
- Must be detail-oriented and customer focused
- Must have excellent time management and research skills
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, multidisciplined environment, the ability to work well with a team, ability to manage multiple time-sensitive priorities, and good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to hand-author HTML and CSS
- Demonstrate an understanding of user-centered design principals
- Knowledge of user-interface design, usability, information architecture, wireframes, navigational flow diagrams, storyboarding, and human factors